LEAVE IT TO THE ENGLISH TO SAY WHAT SOME OF US WON’T.
Here’s the headline in the latest edition of the British newspaper, The Guardian, “Did Republicans Deliberately Crash the U.S. Economy?” We all should be asking ourselves that question and not be concerned about who’s a Republican or Democrat or what might be considered conversation in poor taste. This is our economy we’re talking about. It’s about folks who are out of work that could have a job but there’s a major political party that has a stronghold on the road to those jobs.
Speaking of roads … I’ll bet there isn’t any state that doesn’t have a road or a bridge in disrepair. Are there construction workers to fix those roads? Yes. Where are they? On the unemployment line if their unemployment compensation hasn’t run out.
As for public services like firefighters and crime fighters … They’re used to be a common phrase when someone is in trouble, “Where’s a cop when you need one?” The concern was there isn’t enough crime fighters. Now, the response to that phrase is that those crime fighters, those firefighters are on the unemployment line.
The article in the Guardian is right, our economy does stink, but why is of great concern. “Be it ideology or stratagem, the GOP has blocked pro-growth policy and backed job-killing austerity – all while blaming Obama.” Republicans want to spend billions of dollars on campaigning, go for it. But don’t tank our country in the process. Pass the President’s job bill so the rest of us can get back to work.
Take the poll below and share your thoughts about this.
- Obama says it’s clear US economy ‘not doing fine’ – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Mitt Romney Says We Don’t Need More Firemen, Policemen, or Teachers (skydancingblog.com)
- Obama Battles Romney Over Who Is Most in Touch on Economy – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Robert Creamer: Republicans Attempt to Actively Sabotage U.S. Economy to Win Fall Election (huffingtonpost.com)
- Krugman: GOP’s Economy Strategy Is ‘Gigantic Con Game’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- “Rooting For America To Fail”: Republicans Are Deliberately Sabotaging The Economy (mykeystrokes.com)